HoliDate


Ladies, and gents, a most magical season is apparently here, and what would I be doing with my life if I didn't use it to channel creatively?

I'm not a huge fan of Christmas as a whole, so in order to spark some Christmas cheer within myself, I have decided to knock out a holiday countdown of Netflix films released in 2020. The list may not be as large as its counterparts of Lifetime and Hallmark, nor as large as it has been in the past, but that won't stop me from, watching and reviewing.

So without further ado, movie number one: 


Holidate was released in late October, because although labeled as a Christmas movie, it actually covers ALL the holidays. Well, all the ones you need/expected to have a date for. Which, definitely puts this movie at the top of my Love It list, because Christmas is overly monopolized, in my opinion. 

Our movie leaps headfirst into my heart with Emma Roberts as the lead actress. Her co star, Luke Bracey could knock me off my feet with just a wink, but here I am, never having heard his name before. King Bach, Kristen Chenoweth, and Aimee Carrero, were all huge names and faces I recognized and loved in this flick. I didn't quite recognize anyone else, but despite that, the acting was top notch, with great thought and feeling put into it. 

Sloan, Emma Roberts, is a single woman scraping 30 with overbearing parents who just want her to get a man. We all know the stereotype, so we know that there's a toxic ex involved in why the leading lady is perpetually single. And of course our perpetually single blonde, meets our cute, but commitment-phobe leading man, Jackson. And as their paths cross, a new tradition begins: Holidates, where they are each other's dates for any and all holidays. 

A friend where there is no sex involved, and you just pretend to be dating each other for any big holidays seems like a perfectly logical concept to everyone who is super single and annoyed during the holidays. I mean y'all feel me, it sounds great, right? They had a date for New Year's Eve, St. Patrick's day, Mother's Day and almost every holiday in between for a year. So what could go wrong? Well hop onto Netflix to figure it out!!

This movie has my picky a**'s stamp of approval! I have already reccommended this flick to three friends and counting and that approval is so far and few between! So if you're like me and 2020 has you in a holiday spirit rut, more so than usual, please let this be your sign to start off right. (And possibly find yourself a cute Holi-Date.)




Comments

Popular Posts