Middle School: Truly the Worst Years

Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life was released two and a half years ago, and the trailer was super great. This month it came to Netflix. And so we took to Netflix for movie night and finally watched it. I'm not disappointed but I'm a little mad.




The movie did live up to its personal hype. The kid had an imagination, kind of like Ramona Beezus of our day and the movie was full of  laughs. The principal, was basically every middle schoolers experience, POS dictator, or at least that was my experience.

I'm not one to throw out spoilers, but I would recommend having a box of tissues nearby if you have a tendency  to cry in movies as I do.

As for an underlying message in the film, I didn't catch one besides, stick it to the man. It had some humor that only adults could catch but overall, it was a movie made for younger people; not much thinking involved. In the end, the antagonists got what was coming for them, as is every film, but with a more creative twist..

Is this movie worth your time? Honestly, if you just want a laugh, possibly. But I do think there's better things for your watchlist on Netflix. Would be a good family night film, though.


Comments

Popular Posts