Shazam: Say My Name!

"What's power if you have no one to share it with."

Shazam was in a word, absolutely fantabulous!! No joke, cross my heart, swear up and down, that I have NEVER been so thoroughly impressed with a DC film. Don't get me wrong, I in no way have a disliking towards the DC cinematic universe, I actually do like their stuff. But overall, when it comes to the DC world, there's no denying, television is their strong suit. But with even how much I lived for Wonder Woman, Shazam takes the cake! 

Spoilers are my absolute least favorite thing and make me lose so much respect for someone so I'm gonna try and say a synopsis without giving away any juicy details.

Basically we've got Billy Batson (rising star, Asher Angel). He's the basic foster kid who runs away a lot, steals a little and is all around just a lost scared kid, who doesn't know his place in life or in a family. His life is basically turned around with a new foster family (one particularly amazing brother) and one weird word, Shazam. He has to learn to adjust to not being on his own, and learn how to be a superhero, not just to his city, but to his family.

I really connected with this film and the idea of being on your own due to my own personal situations in life. And I too, created my own family. I think this movie did capture the feeling of loneliness.
There's so many messages in the film, such as, family is important, power is better when it shared with those you love, and also too much power will always end up awful.

I am in awe with the acting job that was displayed by Asher Angel. After having worked with him on Andi Mack, I am in love with his personality and couldn't wait to see what he had been up to. Hes a genuinely great person and he played the role amazingly. You could see little bits of his personality in this movie.

I full heartedly think that this is worth a trip to the theatres. Grab some popcorn, a drink and settle in because it's 2 hours of all around entertainment.


Comments

Popular Posts